St John's Centre
(Part Time Non Released - 1 year)
If you are new to using computers or would like to develop your computer skills and confidence in using Microsoft applications that make a difference in everyday life and the workplace, then this is the course for you. From the basics of turning on a computer to creating dynamic documents, presentations, emailing and staying safe online.
Employers highly value candidates with well-developed employability skills. Employability skills qualifications such as this focus on developing areas such as confidence, communication, teamwork, initiative, resilience and time management. They are designed so that the content matches what is needed and valued by todays employment market.
This course is ideal if you want to learn new digital skills to support you to achieve your employment aspirations.
As well as learning new skills and meeting new people we will support and help you to apply for jobs and progress in your chosen field, prepare for further study and develop the skills and techniques you will need to succeed.
If you're currently not in employment then our 7 week skills programme might be the course for you.
Right in the heart of the city centre the programme aims to boost your confidence, help you meet new people and gain new skills which will help you progress into an exciting career in business admin.
Delivered face-to-face in the classroom, you'll have the chance to:
• Learn about Microsoft office applications
• Learn how to create dynamic documents and presentations
• Safely use computer equipment and peripheral devices
• Learn about E-Safety, the internet and using emails
• Develop your interview and CV skills
• Develop the interpersonal and organisations skills employers want.
• Ensure your confidence is sky-high for when taking the next step.
Applicants for this course must be aged 19 or over and must not be in employment or training.
They must possess a willingness to learn and get involved.
Assessment for this qualification is based on the development of a portfolio throughout the course.
Here's an idea of what to expect:
Meet new people
• Don't worry about turning up on your own – there'll be a small group of around six to eight people joining and everyone will be in the same situation. It'll be informal and there are plenty of activities so you'll soon feel part of the group.
Make a start
• Start planning for the weeks ahead – setting out what you want to achieve and finding out how to get your qualification.
• See how the skills you've developed can help you in the workplace.
Plan for the future
• Write a fantastic CV, practice your interview skills and write applications to fit with specific requirements for your next step.
So what are you waiting for, apply today!
Upon successful completion of this qualification, you'll be able to access many other Level 1 or 2 qualifications at The Manchester College in a diverse range of areas.
Alternatively many students use this qualification to access employment, especially with the links made in the local community.
This course is fully funded for eligible students.Fees, finance and funding page
Do you have a burning question about this course, or would you like to know more about the qualification you'll receive and how it will help your career?
Our course enquiries team is on hand to help you understand any details and answer any questions – whether it's about applying for the course or finding out about finance. Just get in touch here!
Use our online form to complete your application.
Remember: you can start now, and save it for completing later.
Whatever your background or ability, at The Manchester College we have an incredible range of support and dedicated courses available to help you get back into learning, develop the skills you’ll need for employment and find a job that’s right for you.