- Short Course
- Subject Area
- Computing & Digital
(Evening - 14 weeks)
- Leaflet Code
CCNAv7: Introduction to Networks (ITN) covers the architecture, structure, functions and components of the Internet and other computer networks. Students achieve a basic understanding of how networks operate and how to build simple local area networks (LAN), perform basic configurations for routers and switches, and implement Internet Protocol (IP).
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
• Configure switches and end devices to provide access to local and remote network resources.
• Explain how physical and data link layer protocols support the operation of Ethernet in a switched network.
• Configure routers to enable end-to-end connectivity between remote devices.
• Create IPv4 and IPv6 addressing schemes and verify network connectivity between devices.
• Explain how the upper layers of the OSI model support network applications.
• Configure a small network with security best practices.
• Troubleshoot connectivity in a small network.
This instructor-led course is the 1st of 4 courses in the Cisco CCNAv7 curriculum. The course includes activities using Packet Tracer, hands-on lab work, and a wide array of assessment types and tools.
There are no formal requirements for this Cisco Networking course, but you should ideally have Level 2 qualifications (or equivalent) in English and Maths to gain the most from the programme.
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the duration of the course, you’ll complete a number of online tests in class, one final online exam, and one final work-based practical exam.
Once you have completed all courses in the curriculum you will be fully prepared for the professional exam 200-301 (taken separately at a testing facility).
Continuing Your Journey
Upon successful completion of this qualification, learners can progress on to our CCNA2 switching course.Careers page
The CCNAv7 helps students develop workforce readiness skills and builds a foundation for success in networking-related careers.
Fees, Finance & Funding
£500.00Fees, finance and funding page
Got a question?
Do you have a burning question about this course, or would you like to know more about the qualification you’ll receive and how it will help your career?Make an enquiry
Our course enquiries team is on hand to help you understand any details and answer any questions – whether it’s about applying for the course or finding out about finance. Just get in touch here!
Related News View all
|The Manchester College hosts first-ever High School Hack||View Story|
|Computing tutors take time to talk||View Story|
|Student views on Computing||View Story|
|Face-to-face networking – and how to do it||View Story|