- Subject Area
- Construction & Engineering
- Age Group
(Part Time - Non-released - 1 year)
- Leaflet Code
This qualification is aimed at learners aged 16 and above who work or want to work in the construction industry and is aimed at people wishing to learn some skills in carpentry and joinery, to progress on to becoming skilled in their chosen trade.
The Level 1 introduces the learner to carpentry and joinery skills. It allows candidates to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in carpentry or joinery.
Learners with a passion for construction alongside a good work ethic are encouraged to apply.
How will I be assessed?
• Portfolio: leaners will be encouraged to monitor their own progress (through reflective practice) alongside formal tasks. Photographic evidence alongside annotated notes are used to keep a record of personal progress.
• Practical assessments: Learner’s trade-skills are assessed periodically throughout the duration of the course to identify achievements and explore opportunities for progression.
• English and maths assessments or exams depending on learners’ level upon enrolment.
Continuing Your Journey
It allows candidates to progress into employment or to:Careers page
• Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry
Fees, Finance & Funding
If you need help with affording college, there are a number of different finance and funding options available to you. You might be eligible for special bursary support or extra help from the government. Have a look at our fees, finance & funding page to find out all the information you need.Fees, finance and funding page
Got a question?
Do you have a burning question about this course, or would you like to know more about the qualification you’ll receive and how it will help your career? Our course enquiries team is on hand to help you understand any details and answer any questions – whether it’s about applying for the course or finding out about finance. Just get in touch here!Make an enquiry
Related News View all
|Construction students help out at 422 Manchester||View Story|
|Willmott Dixon and The Manchester College partner up to invest in the future of Manchester||View Story|
|Students helping to build Openshaw campus on Caddick Construction work placement scheme||View Story|
|Students spread festive cheer during Manchester’s Christmas light switch-on||View Story|
Related Events View all
|Tours for Year 11's - Openshaw Campus||View Event|
Construction & Engineering
From the foundations of a building to the finishing paintwork on a brand new vehicle, the construction and automotive world has a massive impact on literally everything around us.