City Campus Manchester
(Full Time - 2 years)
This brand-new T Level qualification in Digital Support Services is co-developed and co-delivered with employer partners such as IDT Support Solutions.
As one of our Industry Excellence Academy programmes, by studying this course you'll be working with industry specialists who will give you the opportunity to learn the skills necessary to pursue a career in the digital support industry.
This course specialises in digital infrastructure and aims to create young professionals who are occupationally competent in this field. Units that you will study include:
• Virtual and physical network infrastructure
• Cloud computing
• Cyber security governance
• Ethical hacking
• Data handling
• Legal and regulatory obligations relating to digital technologies
• Privacy and confidentiality of personal data
• Technical, physical and human aspects of internet security
• Communication in digital support services
• Fault analysis and problem resolution.
Those successful in gaining a place on a T Level will be eligible for the ‘T Award', a package of benefits that includes:
• £300 per year bursary*
• Curriculum based incentives
• Free branded work wear
• Opportunity to take part in exciting college-wide competitions
• Minimum 20% delivery by industry experts
• Access to industry standard laptop* (as appropriate)
• Guaranteed progression to a Higher Education course at UCEN Manchester
• Bursary incentive if progressing to UCEN Manchester
• Minimum 45- day industry placement
• And much more
*Subject to requirements including 95% attendance, positive attitude and grade profile.
Five GCSEs including Grade 4 in English and maths. You will also be required to participate in an interview.
A previous qualification in Digital is desirable.
This course is assessed using a variety of methods including:
• Two externally set written exam papers
• An employer set project
• An externally assessed synoptic assessment that covers the occupational specialism. This will be achieved by completing a range of different assignments, including coursework and frequent live briefs set by our industry partners.
Upon successful completion of this qualification, you will be able to progress on to a Higher Education course with our partner UCEN Manchester and complete a foundation degree in network security, network engineering or software development with an optional top-up year to earn a BSc (Hons) degree.
Alternatively, you may progress on to an apprenticeship or entry-level job in the IT support and networking sector. Career opportunities include:
• Digital Support Technician
• Digital Applications Technician
• Digital Service Technician
• Infrastructure Technician
• IT Solutions Technician
• Network Administrator
• Helpdesk Support
• Information Security Analyst
• Penetration Tester
If you need help with affording college, there are a number of different finance and funding options available to you. You might be eligible for special bursary support or extra help from the government. Have a look at our fees, finance and funding page to find out all the information you need.Fees, finance and funding page
Do you have a burning question about this course, or would you like to know more about the qualification you'll receive and how it will help your career?
Our course enquiries team is on hand to help you understand any details and answer any questions – whether it's about applying for the course or finding out about finance. Just get in touch here!
In one of The Manchester College’s 19 Centres of Excellence you’ll develop the skills and gain the qualifications that you need to take the next steps towards your dream career.Learn more
In our unique Industry Excellence Academy you’ll benefit from a programme of study that has been co-developed, and is co-delivered, with one of our industry partners.Learn more
Use our online form to complete your application.
Remember: you can start now, and save it for completing later.