- Subject Area
- Health and Social Care
- Age Group
(Part Time - Non-released - 12 weeks)
- Leaflet Code
Are you passionate about fitness? Do you want to turn your hobby into a career?
Would you like to work in a gym and help others achieve their fitness goals with an industry-recognised qualification?
If so, this Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing is perfect for you
This qualifications aims to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to plan, deliver and supervise safe and effective exerciser programmes within a gym or health club environment.
This course will consist of the five following units:
• Principles of anatomy, physiology and fitness
• Professionalism and customer care for fitness instructors
• Health and safety in the fitness environment
• Conducting client consultations to support positive behaviour change
• Planning and instructing gym-based exercise
Applicants will require some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights.
The course requires physical exertion, and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
You’ll also require Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths and English and, as there is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved, learners should also have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
How will I be assessed?
Over the course of your studies, you will complete a number of assessments including, multiple choice examination, portfolio of evidence/worksheets and practical demonstrations/assignments.
Continuing Your Journey
Upon successful completion of this qualification you will be able to progress onto:Careers page
• Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Circuits
• Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells.
• Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Suspended Movement Training.
• Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Group Exercise).
• Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training.
• Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
• Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Prenatal and Postnatal Exercise Programmes.
• Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults.
• Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Disabled Clients.
These qualifications will be useful for those already working or looking to gain employment in roles as a gym instructor or fitness instructor.
Fees, Finance & Funding
If you need help with affording college, there are a number of different finance and funding options available to you. You might be eligible for special bursary support or extra help from the government. Have a look at our fees, finance & funding page to find out all the information you need.Fees, finance and funding page
Got a question?
Do you have a burning question about this course, or would you like to know more about the qualification you’ll receive and how it will help your career?Make an enquiry
Our course enquiries team is on hand to help you understand any details and answer any questions – whether it’s about applying for the course or finding out about finance. Just get in touch here!
Related News View all
|Royal recognition for Student, Jak Stocks||View Story|
|Why you should choose Childhood Studies at The Manchester College||View Story|
|Counselling course gains professional accreditation||View Story|
|Face-to-face networking – and how to do it||View Story|