- Subject Area
- Hair, Beauty & Retail
- Age Group
(Full Time - 1 year)
The VTCT Level 3 Extended Dip in Nail Technologies (QCF) is a vocational qualification that will prepare you for further study at level 4 within Nail sector. The units within this qualification include all the elements required to provide you with a sound basis for further study.
The mandatory units cover:
• Nail enhancements using light cure gel
• Nail enhancements using liquid and powder
• Electrical filing for nails
• Cosmetic science for nail enhancements
• Design and apply nails art
• A-P for nail services
• Airbrush nail art
• Gel polish for nails
• Promote and sell products and services
• Client Care
• Health /Safety in the salon
Please Click Here to view the specific entry requirements for our 16-18 Study Programmes
How will I be assessed?
• Undergo continual assessment by written tests, assignments and practical observations
• You will build a portfolio of evidence including pre-observations and finals
• Attend a work placement to gain industry knowledge
• Attend weekly tutorial support to develop your employability skills through My WorkSearch
• Enrichment activities
Continuing Your Journey
Whilst the primary purpose of this qualification is to support you to progress to the next level of vocational learning, career opportunities also exist as a Nail Technician in a variety of contexts, including:Careers page
• Commercial Nail salons
• Independent/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
- Fees, Finance & Funding
Got a question?
Do you have a question about this course, or would you like to know more about the qualification you’ll receive and how it will help your career?Make an enquiry
Our course enquiries team are on hand to help you understand any details and answer any questions – whether it’s about applying for the course or finding out about finance.
Related News View all
|Hair and Beauty students are a cut above||View Story|
|Hair and Beauty tutors under the spotlight||View Story|
|Get career ready with free courses||View Story|
|‘Real Housewife’ Dawn Ward heads back to beauty school||View Story|
Related Events View all
|Enrolment Open Day||View Event|
Hair, Beauty & Retail
When there is always a demand to look good and feel great, you'll find rewarding careers for hairdressers and beauty therapies all across Greater Manchester and the North West.