(Short Course - 1 week)
Our Level 3 Photovoltaics course is suitable for those working in electrical installation and covers the knowledge required to plan and prepare for, install and handover grid connected solar photovoltaic systems.
Through this qualification you'll study:
• Health and safety risks and safe systems of work
• Regulations and standards relating to practical installation, testing and commissioning activities
• Fundamental differences between a.c and d.c circuits
• Purpose of solar photovoltaic system components
• Design principles
• Preparatory work required
• Layouts and the requirements for installing solar photovoltaic module arrays
• Solar photovoltaic system a.c and d.c circuit installation layouts
• Requirements to test and commission solar photovoltaic systems
• Requirements to handover solar photovoltaic systems
Applicants will require a formal craft qualification e.g. N/SVQ 3 in Electrical Installation (Buildings and Structures) or equivalent certification that includes Inspection & Testing or a recognised Part P competence certification that includes Inspection & Testing and a BS 7671: 2008 Requirements for Electrical Installations (18th Edition) qualification.
Assessments on this qualification will consist of a combination of practical and theory examinations.
Upon successful completion of this qualification, learners will be able to progress in their career in electrical installation and in building services regulations and practiceCareers page
If you need help with affording college, there are a number of different finance and funding options available to you. You might be eligible for special bursary support or extra help from the government. Have a look at our fees, finance & funding page to find out all the information you need.Fees, finance and funding page
Do you have a burning question about this course, or would you like to know more about the qualification you'll receive and how it will help your career?
Our course enquiries team is on hand to help you understand any details and answer any questions – whether it's about applying for the course or finding out about finance. Just get in touch here!
Use our online form to complete your application.
Remember: you can start now, and save it for completing later.
From the foundations of a building to the finishing paintwork on a brand new vehicle, the construction and automotive world has a massive impact on literally everything around us.