- Subject Area
- Business and Professional
- Age Group
(Full Time - 2 years)
- Leaflet Code
This course is subject to awarding body approval.
Are you competitive in the gaming world? Do you like to keep fit using the latest technology to achieve your goals? Would you like to understand how this industry works by looking into current online business platforms? If so, the revolutionary world of E-Sports is definitely for you!
The Manchester College are proud to offer a revolutionary course that aims to prepare you for this multi-billionaire online world.
During this two year course you’ll gain an understanding of the different markets that the gaming industry target, looking at health, nutrition and the various technologies that improve fitness and performance.
You’ll study a variety of units and gain numerous skills that are geared towards analysing digital businesses and their specific marketing strategies for E-Sports and games including:
• Business planning, branding, developing and testing the various components that make-up games.
• Technical and physical skills such as map awareness, rotational play, objective control, ability timers, not forgetting “individual mechanical play”, “ability to hit skillshots” and “reaction times”.
• Organising competitions and commenting on games platforms within the professional gaming community.
• Understanding the business models that the gaming industry use including their online functions.
• Understanding the target audience for E-Sports including social media marketing campaigns, events and live streaming.
• Understanding the markets, laws and legislation that govern E-Sports.
• Understanding any coaching and professional development needs in order to be successful in a modern digital business.
This exciting qualification has been designed with input from the British E-Sports Association. As with all of our programmes you will get interaction with employers and relevant work placement experience within the digital business industry.
Applicants must have 4 GCSEs at grades 9-4 including English or maths and/or prior achievement at Level 2.
A merit or higher at vocational level 2 or NVQ level 2 may be considered as GCSE equivalent.
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through portfolio building, sketchbooks, group work, game development, online assessments, presentations and one to one feedback.
There are no formal examinations connected to this course. Students overall grade will come from combining all units assessed by tutors and moderated by the exam board at the end of the year.
Continuing Your Journey
This course can lead you to a wide range of higher education courses, foundation degrees and BA degrees. You may also be able to enter employment directly or join an apprenticeship or higher apprenticeship scheme.Careers page
Careers that this course can lead to include E-Sports, Nutrition, Gaming, E-Business, E-Commerce, Business and Digital Business.
Fees, Finance & Funding
If you need help with affording college, there are a number of different finance and funding options available to you. You might be eligible for special bursary support or extra help from the government. Have a look at our fees, finance & funding page to find out all the information you need.Fees, finance and funding page
Got a question?
Do you have a burning question about this course, or would you like to know more about the qualification you’ll receive and how it will help your career?Make an enquiry
Our course enquiries team is on hand to help you understand any details and answer any questions – whether it’s about applying for the course or finding out about finance. Just get in touch here!
Related News View all
|Student finalist in The British Education Awards 2020||View Story|
|Super standards for Marketing students||View Story|
|Sacha Lord talks business with The Manchester College||View Story|
|First Nationwide, next stop Global Domination!||View Story|
Related Events View all
|TMC Live - March 2021||View Event|