(Full Time - 2 years)
Our courses have been co-developed and are co-delivered by our industry partners to meet the needs of industry and prepare you for work in the sector. Alongside your studies, you'll undertake a minimum 15-day (Foundation Year) or 45-day (T Level) industry placement, as well as having regular guest speakers, workshops from industry experts, experience of working to live briefs and more. You'll also be assigned a specialist employability tutor to support and prepare you for the world of work.
This course will enable you to develop a general understanding of the hair and beauty sector, including:
- Business context, including how the sector operates
- Health and Safety regulations
- Safe working practices
- An understanding of the client journey
- Client consultation
- Sales and marketing
- Business practices
Occupational specialisms covered:
- Develop and recommend bespoke treatment plans and experiences
- Provide hand, nail, and foot services to meet current trends
- Provide a range of hair removal services
- Perform manual and technical treatments using basic and advanced therapy techniques and equipment
- Create and demonstrate a range of makeup looks including the enhancement of eyelashes and eyebrows (such as eyelash tinting, eyelash perming, eyebrow shaping, strip lashes and semi-permanent lashes).
English and maths at Grade 4 or above.
You will be assessed by exams, the employer set project, and assignments.
Learners who successfully complete the course would be able to progress onto either employment or onto:
- VTCT Level 4 in Salon Management
- VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Permanent Hair Removal and Skin Rejuvenation
- VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Treatments
- VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Enhancing Eyebrows with Microblading Techniques
There may be some additional equipment costs. Learners are required to purchase a kit (Learners will be given approximate costs at interview) and enclosed toe black shoes, with no heel.
If you need help with affording college, there are a number of different finance and funding options available to you. You might be eligible for special bursary support or extra help from the government. Have a look at our fees, finance & funding page to find out all the information you need.
Do you have a burning question about this course, or would you like to know more about the qualification you'll receive and how it will help your career?
Our course enquiries team is on hand to help you understand any details and answer any questions – whether it's about applying for the course or finding out about finance. Just get in touch here!Make an enquiry
In one of The Manchester College’s 19 Centres of Excellence you’ll develop the skills and gain the qualifications that you need to take the next steps towards your dream career.Learn more
In our unique Industry Excellence Academy you’ll benefit from a programme of study that has been co-developed, and is co-delivered, with one of our industry partners.Learn more
Use our online form to complete your application.
Remember: you can start now, and save it for completing later.
When there is always a demand to look good and feel great, you'll find rewarding careers for hairdressers and beauty therapies all across Greater Manchester and the North West.