City Campus Manchester
(Full Time - 1 year)
This Level 2 course is part of our Industry Excellence Academy for Creative and Digital Media and is designed to support your progression to a T Level. The course has been developed in collaboration with our industry partners so that the conent meets the needs of both the sector and your future career progression.
On the T Level Transition Programme, you'll complete a Level 2 Certificate in Creative Digital Media Production and Design, spend 10 days on an external work experience placement with one of our partner employers and develop a set of transferrable employability skills.
You'll learn about a range of topics, including:
• An understanding of the creative and design sector, including the different types of employment and career pathways
• An appreciation of how the cultural context influences the creative and design process
• The professional standards that need to be applied in the sector, particularly around confidentiality, ethical standards, work etiquette and codes of conduct
• The key features of a project proposal, how digital tools are used and awareness of the supply chain
• How to respond to a creative brief, identifying and using sources of information and pitching ideas
• Developing technical skills for the production of creative and design outputs, including safe working practices in the workplace
Throughout the year you will start to develop a professional profile and portfolio by creating content. This will include pitching your concepts, engaging with audiences, and showcasing your work through social media.
Please Click Here to view the specific entry requirements for our 16-18 Study Programmes.
Work Experience is a vital part of the course and you will be supported in finding a work placement relevant to your study.
This course is assessed through a variety of methods including:
• Assignments and live briefs
• Internal exam-style assessments to prepare you for a T Level
• Reflective logbooks to capture your work placement learning
In addition, English, maths and digital skills are integrated in your Transition Programme and contextualised for working in the Creative and Digital Media sector.
When you have successfully completed your Transition programme, you'll have the opportunity to progress on to our T Level in Media, Broadcast and Production: Content Creation and Production. Once you have completed a T Level you will have the option of degree level study in higher education or through a degree apprenticeship. One of your progression opportunities will be with UCEN Manchester, where Manchester College students receive a cash award through the Achievers Scholarship.
Career opportunities include:
• TV or film production assistant
• TV or film producer
• TV or film director
• Social media content creator
• Digital content creator
• Social media executive
• Content producer
• Communications manager
If you need help with affording college, there are a number of different finance and funding options available to you. You might be eligible for special bursary support or extra help from the government. Have a look at our fees, finance & funding page to find out all the information you need.Fees, finance and funding page
In our unique Industry Excellence Academy you’ll benefit from a programme of study that has been co-developed, and is co-delivered, with one of our industry partners.Learn more
Use our online form to complete your application.
Remember: you can start now, and save it for completing later.
In a subject area that covers an incredible range of topics and disciplines – from animation and photography to directing videos and designing video games – you’ll never be stuck for choice in a future career.