THE NEXT LEVEL QUALIFICATION
Study a T Level at the number 1 college in Greater Manchester for overall achievement.
Our courses are co-developed and co-delivered with leading employers!
What are T Levels?
T Levels are high-quality technical alternatives to A Levels, combining classroom theory, practical learning and an industry placement – of at least 315 hours, or approximately 45 days – where students will build the knowledge and skills they need in a workplace environment.
What are T Levels equivalent to?
One T Level is equivalent to three A Levels.
How have T Levels been developed?
Our T Level courses have been co-developed with leading industry employers to ensure you learn the key skills you’ll need to succeed in your chosen career.
How much of the T Level course is practical?
You’ll spend approximately 20% of your time on practical learning through a 45 day industry placement.
T Level Subject Areas
We are offering courses in the following subjects:
- Animal Care and Management
- Business Management and Finance
- Craft and Design
- Education and Early Years
- Engineering and Manufacturing
- Health and Healthcare Science
- Media, Broadcast and Production
These T Level subject areas have been chosen not only to give a wide variety of choice to our students but also to align with anticipated high demand skill areas for Greater Manchester and the wider North West region in the coming years to reduce youth unemployment rates.
Where can I study T Levels?
We offer T Levels as part of our Industry Excellence Academies at our Openshaw Campus and City Campus Manchester.
T Level Foundation Year Programmes
If you don’t quite achieve these grades and would still like to pursue a T Level there is the option of a one-year Level 2 Foundation Year Programme, which will then allow you to move on to a T Level the following year and gain a qualification at the same time.
T Award - T Level Study Benefits Package
Those successful in gaining a place on the T Levels will be eligible for the ‘T Award’, a package of benefits that includes:
- £300 per year bursary*
- Free branded work wear
- Opportunity to take part in exciting college-wide competitions
- Minimum 20% delivery by industry experts
- Guaranteed progression to a Higher Education course at UCEN Manchester
- Bursary incentive if progressing to UCEN Manchester
- Minimum 45-day industry placement
- Digital upskilling
- Industry-standard laptop
- And much more.
* Subject to requirements including 95% attendance, positive attitude and grade profile.
Additional T Level Resources
- The T Level government website provides a lot of useful information on how T Levels work.
- The Strategic Development Network has created a useful resource that is dedicated to supporting employers in finding out how T Levels will work.
- Our Student and Parent Guide to T Levels will provide you with all the information that you will need to help you make a decision about your qualification.