Manchester city skyline


If you’re moving to Manchester, you’ll want to make sure you find somewhere to live that’s safe, secure and comfortable, as well as affordable. Working in close partnership with Manchester Student Homes, our Careers & Welfare team can help.

Whatever your age or course, we can help advise you on accommodation in the city. The Manchester College does not have it’s own accommodation, but our partnership with Manchester Student Homes can help you find somewhere to live in the area and provide you with support if you any issues after moving in.

Although there are dozens of providers of accommodation in the Manchester area, along with many private landlords advertising their properties independently, we strongly recommend that you use Manchester Student Homes for your housing needs. It was created in partnership with all the universities in Manchester, and provides a free service to help look after students seeking accommodation in the city.

Manchester Student Homes offer lots of useful services. All landlords that they approve must meet a code of standards set up by the organisation. They can check your housing contract before you sign to make sure everything’s legal and up to current standards. And as well as housing advice and support, they may even be able to act for you in the unlikely event of any problems down the line. They’ve also created an International Friendly Standard, to help international students find fair, affordable accommodation too.

Manchester is a large, multi-cultural city, with a huge range of choice when it comes to housing. You’ll be able to choose from private rented houses and apartments as well as private halls of residence all around the city. In the centre, you’ll see a host of modern apartments and loft conversions, whilst over in South Manchester you’ll find the main student population in areas like Fallowfield and Withington. Around all of our campuses, you’ll find affordable accommodation in safe, friendly areas.

Visit Manchester Student Homes to search for accommodation.

If you’re aged between 16 and 18 and thinking of moving to Manchester to study, we need to be satisfied that you will be supported while living here and a have safe place to stay. The college has strict safeguarding procedures and would need to see evidence of support before you can be enrolled.

If you’re an adult learner over 19, unfortunately you won’t be able to get any financial support from The Manchester College to help you pay for accommodation. It is your responsibility to pay for your own rent. If you’d like to discuss your options, please visit the Careers & Welfare service on your campus for some impartial advice on any support available to you.

As a student studying a higher-level course or degree, you should be eligible for financial support from Student Finance England, in the form of a Maintenance Loan, to help support your living costs at university. You should use this money to pay towards your accommodation costs, as unfortunately the college is unable to offer any additional support for this.