City Campus Manchester
(Part Time Non Released - 12 weeks)
This qualification is designed to develop your professional and digital skills in order to prepare you fully for employment. Employers expect applicants to have the necessary digital and workplace professional skills to be able to function at an acceptable standard with minimum training.
It is ideal for those with little experience in computing and can aid progress to further education or employment. It's also helpful for those seeking a more in depth knowledge of particular subjects where the practical use of software is essential, such as accountancy and associated spreadsheet use.
You will not only develop the technical skills required, but also your organisational and interpersonal skills.
There are five outcomes for this qualification;
• Using devices
• Finding and evaluating information
• Managing and storing information
• Identifying and solving technical problems
• Developing digital skills
- You will be required to have achieved Entry 3 in English, no entry requirement for maths.
All learner's will be initially assessed/interviewed to determine their English skills and past achievements/experiences.
- This course has been designed to develop your digital skills and prepare you for the working environment. You will conduct exercises to help you practice new skills.
- You will sit an exam at the end of the course. You will not be required to submit any written assessments.
- This course could help you start a career in areas such as:
• Data Entry Clerk
• Business Administration Assistant
We offer many more short courses that specialise in upskilling and educating learners to further their career prospects. We also offer accountancy, administration and legal courses as the next step.
Should you wish to continue with an IT based course, we offer L2 Technical Certificate in IT Support for those learners wanting to learn more about how devices function, networking and security requirements. You will be re-assessed to identify suitability for this qualification and must have obtained at least a Level 1 in English.
- This qualification is funded for most learners so no payment will be required. You will be assessed at enrolment.
If you need help with affording college, there are a number of different finance and funding options available to you. You might be eligible for special bursary support or extra help from the government. Have a look at our fees, finance & funding page to find out all the information you need.
Do you have a burning question about this course, or would you like to know more about the qualification you'll receive and how it will help your career?
Our course enquiries team is on hand to help you understand any details and answer any questions – whether it's about applying for the course or finding out about finance. Just get in touch here!
Use our online form to complete your application.
Remember: you can start now, and save it for completing later.