Our Openshaw campus, situated close to the Etihad Stadium, was refurbished in 2021 to deliver state-of-the-art facilities that are perfect to prepare for a future career.
At our Openshaw campus you will find a wide range of facilities aimed at providing you with the perfect environment to become the next generation of industry excellence including:
- Purpose built practical areas for plumbing, electrical, carpentry, joinery, brickwork and plastering
- Industry-standard automotive facilities including MOT testing bay and mechanical workshop
- Fully equipped sports centre including a multi-discipline sports hall and 30-station gym
- Specially developed childhood studies facilities including a fully equipped mock-nursery and sensory room
- A state-of-the-art mock hospital ward and care suite for health and social care student
- A full-sized, floodlit 3G full multi-sport pitch with home and away team changing rooms, direct access to the pitch and a seated spectator area
There is also a range of new and refurbished facilities that will help give you an amazing student experience including a newly improved Library and group study pods as well as access to IT facilities, a brand-new coffee shop serving Starbucks coffee, a refectory with hot and cold options.
Openshaw Campus is home to many of our Centre of Excellence Programmes and Industry Excellence Academies.
Industry Excellence Academies at Openshaw Campus
Plan a journey
Helping you travel across Greater Manchester and beyond.
Ashton Old Road
Openshaw is a suburb of east Manchester, a short bus ride from Manchester’s city centre. Openshaw Campus is built at the heart of the community with an open plan design and attractive green space and water features. Sportcity and the City of Manchester Stadium are close to the campus. Sportcity has a number of sports venues and fitness and sports facilities for the public. There is a 14-screen cinema five minutes away by car or 25 minutes on foot.
Did you know?
Gorton Monastery, behind Openshaw Campus, was named one of the most endangered sites in the world in 1997, alongside Pompeii, Taj Mahal and Valley of the Kings. It was nicknamed ‘Manchester’s Taj Mahal’ and has now been restored.
Bus routes to Openshaw include:
C20, 219, 220, 221 53, 203, 216, 201, 188, 205, 206.
Velopark and Etihad Campus Stations are about 20 minutes' walk from the campus.
Ashburys train station is 10 minutes’ walk from the campus.