Coronavirus: Updated guidance from Public Health England
Latest advice on Coronavirus
In recent days, there have been some significant international developments in relation to Coronavirus. As a result, Public Heath England (PHE) have updated their guidance, which we are advising all students and parents/guardians to follow.
While we have no specific cause for concern relevant to our students, we are conscious that there will naturally be some worries given how high profile the virus is in the current news agenda.
We strongly advise that students and parents follow the below advice. If you have any concerns in regard to your health please dial 111. Please follow the normal process for reporting any absence.
Updated guidance from PHE
Call NHS 111, stay indoors and avoid contact with other people immediately if you’ve travelled to the UK from:
- Hubei province in China in the last 14 days, even if you do not have symptoms
- Iran, lockdown areas in northern Italy or special care zones in South Korea since 19 February, even if you do not have symptoms
- other parts of mainland China or South Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan or Thailand in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if your symptoms are mild)
- other parts of northern Italy (anywhere north of Pisa, Florence and Rimini), Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Vietnam since 19 February and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if your symptoms are mild)
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
Lockdown areas in northern Italy:
- in Lombardy: Codogno, Castiglione d’Adda, Casalpusterlengo, Fombio, Maleo, Somaglia, Bertonico, Terranova dei Passerini, Castelgerundo and San Fiorano
- in Veneto: Vo’ Euganeo
Special care zones in South Korea:
If you are returning from other areas with confirmed cases, (e.g. Tenerife), you should carry on as normal.
Guidance from the Government is updated on a daily basis. The NHS website has more information about how coronavirus is spread and answers common questions about the virus. We will share any significant updates as and when appropriate.