In September 2022 we opened the doors to our brand new City Campus Manchester, located just a 2-minute walk from Manchester Victoria Station.
These new facilities are home to our Industry Excellence Academy for Visual Arts.
Industry-standard facilities that have been developed specifically for your course, include:
- Jewellery studio with 2 brazen hearths, fume cupboard, laser cutter, polisher and plastics room
- Ceramics studio with potter’s wheel, cold store and 2 kilns
- Textile print studio
- Print making studio with hot plate, screen print tables, and storeroom with exposure unit and drying cabinet
- Garment construction studio with sewing machines, eyelet and fusing presses
- 3D workshop with various saws and cutting machinery
- Fashion and pattern cutting workshop
- A designated art studio with its double height space for displaying work, providing an open well-lit space that is ideal for stimulating creativity
- A dedicated photography studio.
These amazing new facilities will provide you with access to everything you will see once you enter the workforce, giving you the best possible chance to prepare for a future career.
Access to incredible equipment, software and studio space will allow our students to explore the endless possibility of art, harness their imagination and develop their creativity, all in the heart of our amazing city of Manchester.
Stuart Steen, Assistant Principal