(Full Time - )
This course is part of our Industry Excellence Academy and is designed to support your transition to T Levels. The course has been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares you for your future career.
Are you passionate about working with children? This qualification will provide you with the knowledge and understanding essential to the early years and childcare sector.
• Child development
• Play and learning
• Exploring legislation
• The role of the childcare practitioner
• Physical development and physical activity
• GCSE/functional skills maths (if not already achieved).
You will also receive accredited first aid training and industry visits from experts within the sector.
This course also includes a minimum of 120 hours industry placement. You will complete two-days per week during term time.
Those successful in gaining a place on the Transition Programmes will be eligible for the ‘T Award', a package of benefits that includes:
• £300 per year bursary*
• Curriculum based incentives
• Free branded work wear
• Opportunity to take part in exciting college-wide competitions
• Minimum 20% delivery by industry experts
• Access to industry standard laptop* (as appropriate)
• Minimum 15- day industry placement
• Digital upskilling
• Master classes
• And much more
*Subject to requirements including 95% attendance, positive attitude and grade profile.
Will appear under 'Please click here to view the specific entry requirements for our 16-18 study programmes'
- You must possess four GCSEs at grade 4-9 including grade 4 or above in English and grade 3 or above in maths.
- You'll also be required to complete a three-week summer school including initial assessment and undergo a satisfactory DBS check.
- Include details about employer involvement and work experience opportunities if necessary
This course will be assessed through assignments, presentations, assessments and observations.
Upon successful completion of this qualification, learners will be able to progress onto the Level 3 T Level in Education and Childcare.
Career opportunities include working in nurseries, schools and other learning environments for children.
If you need help with affording college, there are a number of different finance and funding options available to you. You might be eligible for special bursary support or extra help from the government. Have a look at our fees, finance & funding page to find out all the information you need.Fees, finance and funding page
Do you have a burning question about this course, or would you like to know more about the qualification you'll receive and how it will help your career?
Our course enquiries team is on hand to help you understand any details and answer any questions – whether it's about applying for the course or finding out about finance. Just get in touch here!
In one of The Manchester College’s 19 Centres of Excellence you’ll develop the skills and gain the qualifications that you need to take the next steps towards your dream career.Learn more
In our unique Industry Excellence Academy you’ll benefit from a programme of study that has been co-developed, and is co-delivered, with one of our industry partners.Learn more
Use our online form to complete your application.
Remember: you can start now, and save it for completing later.