In summer 2022 we will open the doors to our brand new City Campus Manchester, located just a 2-minute walk from Manchester Victoria Station.
These new facilities will be the home of our Centre of Excellence for Performing Arts.
Industry-standard facilities that have been developed specifically for your course, include:
- five double height multi-purpose rehearsal studios with semi-sprung floor suitable for practising various modes of dance and performance
- a double height performance assessment studio with semi-sprung floor and stunning views out over the city
- a single ensemble room and a 1-2-1 singing room.
- two professional standard theatres on ground floor including the signature Jewel Box , fully equipped to industry standard, where you will perform your showcases to an audience of 180.
- Both theatres are served by a large scene dock, a fully equipped machine workshop for set building and design, and a wardrobe area with a costume design and build workshop.
These amazing new facilities will provide you with access to everything you will see once you enter the workforce, giving you the best possible chance to prepare for a future career.
Our new rehearsal, studio and performance spaces in the heart of Manchester will allow our students to, explore and enhance their talent and grow personally and professionally into industry-ready individuals. Having two industry standard theatres and being situated right next door to the prestigious Arden School of Theatre will help our students raise their aspirations and push themselves further.
Stuart Steen, Assistant Principal
How to get to campus
Our City Campus Manchester is located on Great Ducie Street, just across the road from the AO Arena (formerly MEN Arena) and close to all the major transport hubs including Manchester Victoria, Shudehill Station, Piccadilly Bus and Train Stations and the major bus and Metrolink routes into the City centre. These transport hubs provide fantastic transport links both across the city and the wider region. You can find out how to get there from your home address using the Transport for Greater Manchester route planner: Plan a journey | Transport for Greater Manchester (tfgm.com).
We will also have secure storage for over 120 bikes so, with showers on campus, you also have the option to cycle to College.
Additionally, if you are aged 16-18 and live in Greater Manchester, you are entitled to free bus travel across the region seven days a week with ‘Our Pass’