- Subject Area
- Age Group
(Part Time - Non-released - 26 weeks)
- Leaflet Code
This qualification aims to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes developing their skills knowledge to pursue a career in personal training.
This course will consist of the following eleven units:
• Principles of anatomy, physiology and fitness
• Professionalism and customer care for fitness instructors
• Health and safety in the fitness environment
• Conducting client consultations to support positive behaviour change
• Planning and instructing gym-based exercise
• Applied anatomy and physiology for exercise, health and fitness
• The principles of nutrition and their application to exercise and health
• Understanding lifestyle, health, wellbeing and common medical conditions
• Encouraging positive health and fitness behaviours in clients
• Programme design and delivery for personal training
• Professionalism and business acumen for personal trainers
Applicants will require some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights.
The course requires physical exertion, and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
You’ll also require Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths and English and, as there is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved, learners should also have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
How will I be assessed?
Over the course of your studies, you will complete a number of assessments including, coursework/projects, multiple choice examination, portfolio of evidence and practical demonstrations/assignments.
Continuing Your Journey
Upon successful completion of this qualification you will be able to progress onto:Careers page
• Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Personal Training.
• Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
• Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Prenatal and Postnatal Exercise Programmes.
• Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults.
• Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Disabled Clients.
• Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
• Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
• Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning.
These qualifications will be useful for those already working or looking to gain employment in roles as a gym instructor, fitness instructor or personal trainer.
Fees, Finance & Funding
If you need help with affording college, there are a number of different finance and funding options available to you. You might be eligible for special bursary support or extra help from the government. Have a look at our fees, finance & funding page to find out all the information you need.Fees, finance and funding page
Got a question?
Do you have a burning question about this course, or would you like to know more about the qualification you’ll receive and how it will help your career?Make an enquiry
Our course enquiries team is on hand to help you understand any details and answer any questions – whether it’s about applying for the course or finding out about finance. Just get in touch here!
Related News View all
|Stay active with our Workout of the Week||View Story|
|Get your heart and mind active with our Workout of the Week||View Story|
|Challenge yourself with our workout of the week||View Story|
|Workup a sweat with a cardio workout||View Story|
Related Events View all
|Tours for Year 11's - Openshaw Campus||View Event|
Dubbed the greatest sporting city in 2015, there’s arguably no better place to study Sports, Exercise and Fitness than in Manchester, with its history, heritage and sporting drive!