City Campus Manchester
(Full Time - 1 year)
This qualification will allow you to develop both management and technical skills required for the role of hair and beauty salon manager. There are five mandatory units in this qualification, including:
• Management of health, safety and security in the salon
• Quality Management of client care in the hair and beauty sector,
• Sales Management in the hair and beauty sector
• Public Relations in the hair and beauty sector
You will also further develop your knowledge, understanding and skills by undertaking two additional units:
- Research in the hair and beauty sector
- Human Resource Management.
Those students qualified to Level 3 Beauty Therapy can choose to take two alternative additional units which are:
- Laser and light treatments for hair removal
- Laser and light treatments for skin rejuvenati
Candidates must already have a Level 3 qualification in Hairdressing, Barbering, Nails or Beauty qualification or significant industry experience.
we also ask that applicants have GCSE English grade 4 or above and GCSE Math grade 4 or above is desirable
Include details about employer involvement and work experience opportunities if necessary
It is expected that you will be working in a relevant industry or actively seeking employment in the industry. This can include self-employed, mobile or Freelance work.
As part of this qualification, you are required to produce a portfolio of evidence, which confirms the knowledge, understanding and skills that you have learnt. It may be in electronic or paper format.
Evidence in the portfolio may take the following forms:
• Observed work
• Witness statements
• Audio-visual media
• Evidence of prior learning or attainment
• Written questions
• Oral questions
• Case studies
The VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Salon Management is a recognised by industry as the qualification needed for those who wish to become employed as a salon manager in the hair or beauty sector. Career opportunities as a salon manager exist in a variety of contexts, including:
- Beauty salons
- Hair salons
- Nail salons
- Beauty/Nail retail concessions in department stores
- Day spa or destination/hotel spa
- Cruise ships
Or further study
All the books required for the course are available from the library. However, many students choose to buy some of the core textbooks for the course. Students may also need to print their assignments and other documents.
• You may wish to purchase digital storage device up to 1TB at an approximate cost of £50
• Access to a computer/laptop is essential for home study. The college has onsite computers in the library.
• Students undertaking the Laser and Light units are required to purchase a uniform (details provided at enrolment).
You may need to pay tuition fees for this course, and there may be some additional equipment cost too.
If you need help with affording college, there are a number of different finance and funding options available to you. You might be eligible for special bursary support or extra help from the government. Have a look at our fees, finance & funding page to find out all the information you need.Fees, finance and funding page
Do you have a burning question about this course, or would you like to know more about the qualification you'll receive and how it will help your career?
Our course enquiries team is on hand to help you understand any details and answer any questions – whether it's about applying for the course or finding out about finance. Just get in touch here!
Use our online form to complete your application.
Remember: you can start now, and save it for completing later.
When there is always a demand to look good and feel great, you'll find rewarding careers for hairdressers and beauty therapies all across Greater Manchester and the North West.