Shena Simon Campus
(Short Course - 12 weeks)
- This qualification will help you gain the skills and knowledge required to start a new business. The course is aimed at entrepreneurs starting their first business, as well as individuals already trading and who are looking to improve their skills in the areas of legislation, ownership, marketing and finance. Areas covered by this course include setting up a business legally and ethically, setting business aims and objectives, market research and data analysis, the marketing mix, the promotional mix, and producing and analysing financial reports.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however the English and maths skills of applicants will be initially assessed. Level 1 in both subjects would be desirable, you will also be interviewed to identify previous experiences and achievements.
- Assessments for this qualification are made up of a variety of in-class activities, group work, peer assessments, and self-assessments.
Upon successful completion of this qualification, learners will...
Please include details of course progression and career paths
- Upon successful completion of this qualification you will be able to enrol onto other qualifications within the college to develop other skills for the workplace.
Please provide information on course cost (if applicable to applicant) and other course costs i.e. kit, uniform etc
In addition to:
If you need help with affording college, there are a number of different finance and funding options available to you. You might be eligible for special bursary support or extra help from the government. Have a look at our fees, finance & funding page to find out all the information you need.
- The cost of this course is £250.00, there is no funding available.
Do you have a burning question about this course, or would you like to know more about the qualification you'll receive and how it will help your career?
Our course enquiries team is on hand to help you understand any details and answer any questions – whether it's about applying for the course or finding out about finance. Just get in touch here!
Use our online form to complete your application.
Remember: you can start now, and save it for completing later.