How And When To Enrol 16-18
Whichever course type you're studying, when your start date is approaching we'll send you a letter that will give you all the details you need to enrol with us.
Everyone at The Manchester College has been working hard to ensure that we make your enrolment experience as simple and as easy as possible whilst keeping both you and our staff as safe as possible.
How to enrol
Enrol in person at one of our campuses,
All of our campuses are open for enrolment on a drop-in, first come first served basis where you will be able to enrol in person with a member of our team.
To enrol in person, you should attend the campus where you will be studying:
- Monday (10.00am – 3.30pm)
- Tuesday (10.00am – 3.30pm)
- Wednesday (10.00am – 3.30pm)
- Thursday (10.00am – 3.30pm)
- Friday (10.00am – 3.30pm)
When enrolling on campus please note:
- Do not bring along any family members (including children) with you to the campus. If you need support to attend the College to enrol, then you must call Course Enquiries to pre-arrange your visits and we know the reasons for bringing someone with you.
- To maintain safe numbers on campus we will be asking people to queue outside. In the event of high demand queue times could be long so please consider bringing an umbrella/coat.
- We are looking to maintain the two-metre social distancing criteria and so you will not be expected to wear a face mask, however, you can choose to wear one if you wish to.
- If you are considered to be clinically or extremely clinically vulnerable for Coronavirus, please contact Course Enquiries before making any visit to a college campus.
The exact process of how you enrol may differ slightly depending on the type of course you’re about to start, so take a look below to find out more and to understand how you can enrol with us this year.
A welcoming learning environment
Everyone at the College has been working hard to ensure that when your course starts you will receive a great college experience in an environment that is welcoming and puts your health and safety first.
To achieve this, we are making some alterations to our campuses that will make it possible to maintain social distancing and some changes to the College timetable, including staggered start times, to ensure the number of people on campus at any one time is kept to a safe level.
In addition to this, from September we will be offering a blended approach to your studies. This will see you attend campus for parts of your timetable while other parts of your course will be delivered by a tutor online. Once you have enrolled, you will receive your timetable.
Don’t worry, we know there is quite a lot to take in - once you have enrolled, we will be sharing the key messages with you over the coming weeks. So, whilst things may look and feel slightly different, the excellent teaching, learning and support will remain the same.
If you've applied to study with us then we are now ready for you to start your enrolment.
All of our campuses are open on a drop-in, first come first served basis where you will be able to enrol in person with a member of our team.
Not yet applied?
If you haven’t previously completed an application via our Application portal (appy.tmc.ac.uk), then don’t worry, you can still do so.
If you are still interested in studying with us this year, then please visit our application portal and we will process your application in the usual way and update you when we are ready to complete your online enrolment as above.
If you would like to speak to someone about a course then please phone 03333 222 444.
If you are a continuing student you will have completed your progression interview and we now require you to complete the final stage of your enrolment for 2020-21, if you haven’t already done so.
All of our campuses are open on a drop-in, first come first served basis where you will be able to complete your enrol in person with a member of our team.
Where to get information and support
Please remember that whilst it won’t be as easy to drop in and see us on campus at the moment, our team are still here to provide all the answers and support you need.
Our Couch to College YouTube playlist has lots of useful videos from our Couch to College sessions with information for new students and progressing students
If you have a question about your GCSE, A Level, Technical or Vocational exam results, visit our dedicated exam results FAQ page where we have answered some of the questions you may have.
If you require advice or would like to change career pathway, please contact the Careers and Welfare team by emailing email@example.com to arrange an appointment or call 03333 222 444.
What you'll need
To enrol you will need:
Passport Style Photo
- You will need to upload a passport style photo for your student ID card.
- Instructions for uploading this are in the applicant portal under Uploads.
- Your ID card will be given to you by your Achievement Tutor on your first day and must always worn when you are on campus.
- On GCSE results day, you’ll need to log back into your account and update your predicated qualifications to actual grades.
- You will also be required to take a photo of your GCSE results and upload it.
- If you don’t get the results you’re hoping for, don’t worry. You can chat to our Careers and Welfare Team about your options by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment, or call 03333 222 444. We’ll find something you’ll love that will lead you to the next step to your dream career.
Form 8 (if applicable)
- You may have been entitled to extra time for your exams at school.
- If this is the case, please request a copy of the ‘Form 8’ from your school and upload this information to your portal.
Not a UK/EU resident?
If you are not a national of the UK/EU and you have not been resident in the UK/EU for the last three years, you will need to provide evidence of your residency.
Not sure what to do next?
If you haven’t received your enrolment email in the last few weeks and you think you should have done, or if you don’t have a conditional offer yet, then get in touch with us on 03333 222 444.