Volition Manchester Cathedral Volunteering Programme
Certificate Youth, Community, Work and Skills
- Subject Area
- Youth, Community, Work and Skills
- Not Applicable
- Age Group
(Part Time Non Released - 1 year)
- Leaflet Code
Employers highly value candidates with well-developed employability skills. Employability skills qualifications focus on developing areas such as confidence, communication, teamwork, initiative, resilience and time management. They are designed so that the content matches what is needed and valued by today's employment market.
This course is ideal if you want to learn new skills to support you to achieve your employment aspirations.
We will support and help you to apply for jobs, progress in a chosen field, prepare for further study and develop the skills and techniques you will need to succeed.
If you're currently not in employment then our 10 week volunteering programme based at Manchester Cathedral may be the course for you.
Right in the heart of the city centre the programme aims to boost your confidence, help you meet new people and gain new skills which will help you progress into an exciting career of your choice.
Delivered face-to-face in the classroom, online and out volunteering at the Cathedral or with one of our partner organisations, you'll have the chance to:
• Gain valuable work experience in something you're interested in
• Develop your English and Maths skills
• Develop your interview and CV skills
• Develop the interpersonal and organisations skills employers want.
• Ensure your confidence is sky-high for when taking the next step.
Applicants for this course must be aged 19 or over and must not be in employment or training.
They must possess a willingness to learn and get involved.
How will I be assessed
Here's an idea of what to expect:
Meet new people
• Don't worry about turning up on your own – there'll be a small group of around eight people joining and everyone will be in the same situation. It'll be informal and there are plenty of activities so you'll soon feel part of the group.
Make a start
• Start planning for the weeks ahead – setting out what you want to achieve and finding out how to get your qualifications.
• See how the skills you've developed can help you in the workplace. It's also a great chance to try a different type of work to see whether you like it. We have a variety of opportunities to choose from. It maybe you want to try your hand at being a guide working in our café, visitors centre, cenotaph or even beekeeping with our famous Manchester Bees.
Plan for the future
• Access to our weekly job club will help you write a fantastic CV, practice your interview skills and write applications.
So what are you waiting for, apply today!
Continuing your journey
Upon successful completion of this qualification, you'll be able to access many other Level 1 or 2 qualifications at The Manchester College in a diverse range of areas.
Alternatively many students use this qualification to access employment, especially with the links made in the local community.
Fees finance & Funding
This course is fully funded for eligible students.Fees, finance and funding page
Got a question?
Do you have a burning question about this course, or would you like to know more about the qualification you'll receive and how it will help your career?
Our course enquiries team is on hand to help you understand any details and answer any questions – whether it's about applying for the course or finding out about finance. Just get in touch here!
Use our online form to complete your application.
Remember: you can start now, and save it for completing later.
Youth, Community, Work and Skills
Whatever your background or ability, at The Manchester College we have an incredible range of support and dedicated courses available to help you get back into learning, develop the skills you’ll need for employment and find a job that’s right for you.