As a student at The Manchester College you have access to a range of learning resources.
Throughout the duration of your course you may be required to use Microsoft Teams to access online lessons, share work and communicate with your tutor.
To help you with Microsoft Teams we've produced some quick and useful guides to get you started:
Moodle is The Manchester College’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE ) . Here you can access resources added by your teacher anytime, anywhere.
- Homework tasks
- Revision exercises
To access Moodle:
- Go to moodle.tmc.ac.uk in an internet browser (Chrome or Firefox are recommended)
- Log in using your usual College email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and password, you will then see your ‘Dashboard’.
- From here, click on the course page you would like to view. To move to other course pages, click on ‘My Courses’ at the top of the screen, or navigate back to the dashboard.
You will automatically be added to the Moodle page of any course you are enrolled on at the college. If, for any reason, you do not see the correct courses on your dashboard, please contact IT services on 0161 674 3333.
You can also access Moodle through StudentHub, your one-stop student portal. Moodle is accessible on all devices with an internet browser and connection. For further guidance and video tutorials visit Moodle.
Your student account is automatically created once your enrolment is made active, you can then log in using the following details:
- Your college login and email address is created in the following format: email@example.com
- The default password for all NEW students is tmc followed by your date of birth in the following format: tmcddmmyyyy
The account will provide you with:
- Office 365 account - portal.office.com
- Access to OneDrive including Word, Excel PowerPoint, OneNote and Email
- Five free copies of Microsoft Office
Need help logging in? Contact the IT Service Desk on 0161 674 3333, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your library is here to help you get the most from your studies by offering you a range of support and services.
You'll find libraries on the following campuses: Fielden, Harpurhey, Nicholls, Northenden, Openshaw, Shena Simon, St. John’s and Wythenshawe
Our library support and services include:
Resources - Such as ebooks, journals, textbooks and databases to support your course. You can browse the books or arrange to collect them at your convenience using our click and collect service. All our resources are easily searched by our one stop discovery service here.
Study skills help – Support online and face-to-face on topics such as essay writing, referencing and research skills.
Subject guides – A list of recommended online resources to support your subject; available here.
Basic IT support - Assistance with logging in, changing password, help using Teams, Excel and Word, and much more.
Access to study spaces - Access to spaces including PCs, laptops, printing and printing top-ups.
We encourage you to read for pleasure and so we also provide a range of fiction and graphic novels as well as our annual reading challenge.
Get in touch
There are lots of ways to get in touch with us.
Visit us: Come in to speak to us in the library at your campus during our opening hours.
Email us: Email us at email@example.com
Chat with us online: Use the chat box facility on our website
Call us: Ring the helpline on 0161 6741021, or call using Teams 1021.
We are here to help you, and even if we cannot solve your issue, we will make sure we find you someone who can.
We look forward to seeing you in one of our libraries soon!